Since I’m about to start blogging again, I figured I should ease into it with a catch-up post!
Some things that happened in the last six months:
- Went on a family trip to Japan and experienced full cherry blossom season glory
- Shot my best friend’s wedding on Maui
- Unreal Hawaii did a nice blog post about me
- (Partially) did an online summer painting art camp
- Moved from Kailua to Makiki
- Began shooting for magazines
- Began shooting for 2Chillies Swimwear
In all honestly, besides travel, the first half of the year wasn’t that memorable for me. Sure, there was infrequent work, but I feel like our last months living in Kailua were pretty stagnant for me. The art camp I was participating in was my answer to my “lack of busy” I’d been having, and was great for the first few weeks, but then around June life turned upside down when we were informed we needed to move out of our Kailua apartment due to the owner moving back from the mainland. Suddenly, painting fell by the wayside, and somehow amidst the turmoil of moving, my work increased tenfold – definitely a result of spending more time in town!
And that’s been the gist of my life now – lots of photography work, not enough time to paint, but life is on the upswing, and hopefully I’ll have more to post about. I’m also hoping to do more review/tutorial-type posts, so keep an eye out for those as well.
A blog post by me wouldn’t be complete without excessive photo posting, so here’s a small selection: